"The Edge of Guillotine" is the 2021 image of BBK Mendi Film Bilbao-Bizkaia
- Category: Noticias 2021
- Last Updated: Monday, 17 May 2021 16:19
- Published: Saturday, 15 May 2021 02:03
The setting in the image places us in the Elbe Valley, in the Bohemian Switzerland region of the Czech Republic. A paradise of rocks and sandstone mountains, on one of whose sharp edges the American climber Jenny Fischer appears climbing the "Guilotina VIIb" route.
- Photographer_ Jan Zahula
- Location: Labské údolí, Czech Republic
- Climber: Jenny Fischer
- Route: Gilotina, grade VIIb (czech sandstone grading), FA 1978
- Jan Zahula: "Jenny choose and climbed this aesthetic route some weeks before and she wanted to shoot some pics while climbing it. We met there for a slightly different assignment, but this one is the favorite shot of that day".
- Camera: Sony A7III
- Lens: Tamron 17-28 f/2.8 shot at 18mm
- EXIF: 1/250s, f/2.8, ISO 100
For the seventh consecutive year, the Club Vasco de Camping Elkartea from Donostia-San Sebastián has organized the mountain activity international photo contest CVCEPHOTO, in which since 2017 the prize for the image of the Mendi Film poster has been awarded, endowed with € 700.
Mendi Film posters via CVCEPHOTO:
The 7th CVCEPHOTO awards ceremony will be held on May 29 at 6:00 p.m. at the Teatro Principal in San Sebastián, in an event open to the public, with reduced capacity. The winner was the Polish Marcin Ciepielewski, with his photograph "The X", the second prize went to the French Alex Buisse, with "Moulin" and the third prize went to the Italian Alessandro Cantarelli with the photo "Lavaredo's Gloria" . The seventh edition has brought together the work of 372 authors from 58 countries, who have submitted a total of 952 photographs.