RULES MENDI SHORT 2018
FIFTH CONTEST OF AMATEUR SHORT FILMS IN THE BILBAO MENDI FILM FESTIVAL
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
- It is an international competition for amateur video-creators.
- All pieces of work relating to the following areas are eligible for submission: alpinism, climbing, mountain and adventure sports, skiing, ecology, the environment, mountain culture...
- The length of the short films must be 5 minutes at the most.
- Entrance is restricted to those productions made from the 1st January 2018 onwards.
- Each participant can compete with only one piece.
- The registration deadline is the 11th November 2018.
- The awarded works will be projected during the second weekend of the Bilbao Mendi Film Festival.
- The participants shall ensure that they are the holders of the intellectual property rights for the registered work. They must also warrant that no legal, contractual or any other limitation exists which could prevent the organisers of the Mendi Film Festival from screening the work in public and the Mendi´s online channels during the Festival, or in the next Mendi Tours and other kind of diffusion materials related with the Festival.
- If the work is accepted, the pre-selected copy will become part of the BMFF Historical Archive, thus it might be used for internal consultations or to be used as promotional material for the Festival. For any other use, the copyright holders' authorization will be asked.
- Candidates must demonstrate the possession of the necessary permission from people or organisations who hold property rights over the different elements which appear in the work; music, images, graphics, etc...
- The registered participant is committed to keeping the organisation of the Bilbao Mendi Film Festival free from any possible third party claim which may be initiated in relation to copyrighted material.
- Registration will be carried out by the director or his/her legal representatives.
- Registration will include the online registration form that can be filled in our website http://www.mendifilmfestival.com.
- The works that are not made in Basque or Spanish, whichever is the original language is, must be accompanied by the dialogue list in English, with time codes for subtitling.
COPIES FOR THE SCREENING OF THE SELECTED SHORT FILMS
Copies of the films for public screening that are recorded in high quality (HD), must have these characteristics:
Video codec: H264
Format: .mp4 or .mov
Video Bit rate: 20Mbps Frame size: 1920 x 1080
Audio MPEG-4 stereo, 48kHz, 128 kbps
Short films filmed in SD, must be sent in .mp4, keeping the highest quality level.
Recognised professionals from the audiovisual sector will form the Jury.
The Jury will establish internal regulations in agreement with the Festival Board of Directors. Its decision will be final.
It will award the following prize, the Best Short Film MENDI SHORT 2018.
The awarded work will be projected during the second weekend of the Bilbao Mendi Film Festival in Sala BBK.
The participants know and accept that, if they receive an award, their work will be open to exhibition in other festivals or fairs with which the BMFF collaborates, always on a non-profit basis and with prior notification.
Any omissions to these regulations will be resolved by the organisers of the 11th Bilbao Mendi Film Festival, in accordance with the general principles of the law and with the uses and practices of audiovisual festivals.
The signature of the director on the registration form for the First Contest of Short Films in 11th Bilbao Mendi Film Festival implies the acceptance of the conditions of these regulations.
The interpretation and application of said regulations is the exclusive responsibility of the Festival Organisers.